In a competitive global economy, project managers can't go it alone. So turn to PMI membership to give you the tools and support you need to make your mark on the profession. Discover more about what our membership is and what benefits it offers, and choose the type of membership that's best for you.
Become a member and see what PMI can offer you at every stage of your career.
What PMI membership is
PMI membership is, in a word, dedication. PMI membership signifies that you're serious about your project management career and your professional development. It highlights this dedication to employers, colleagues and stakeholders, giving you an edge in the job market. It also provides you with access to valuable knowledge, networks and resources that help you improve and advance.
Benefits of membership
Membership in the Project Management Institute is open to individuals engaged in delivering products and services in a project environment in an ever widening diversity of industries. As a member of PMI and the Milwau,ee SE WI Chapter, the benefits to you and your organization are:
- Professional Development - seminars and presentations on topics ranging from basic PM tools and techniques to more involved subjects like risk and quality management
- Professional Certification - In an increasingly projectized world, PMI professional certification ensures that you’re ready to meet the demands of projects and employers across the globe.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Program Management Professional (PgMP)
Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)®
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
- Publications - receiving PM Network, PMI Today and PMI Milwaukee SE WI Newsletter and Project Management Journal quarterly enables you to be up-to-date on project management techniques, practices, research, theories and applications. In addition, you will be updated on Institute and Chapter issues, activities and events.
- Networking through the Milwaukee and Specific Interest Groups with other individuals practicing project management in a wide range of industries and with a variety of skill sets.
- Job Bank - Access to potential employers and professionals who seek the specialized talents and qualifications of PMI members through PMI and Milwaukee SE WI Chapter Job Bank
Types of membership Whether you're new to project management or a seasoned veteran, PMI has a membership plan that's right for you. Check out the membership options we have for practitioners, students and retirees. Group rates are also available.
PMI.org maintains a detailed webpage on the various types of memberships (Individual, Student, Retiree) offered. Visit PMI National at http://www.pmi.org/en/Membership/Membership-Types-of-Memberships.aspx for the most accurate and real time information available.
As of Dec 2012, the cost to join or renew an Individual PMI membership is $129.00. Please note that PMI offers reduced membership types (Student and Retiree) dependent on your eligibility.
PMI Chapter Membership
When you sign up or renew your PMI membership, you are offered to join a local chapter.
The Milwaukee/Southeast Chapter serves the Greater Milwaukee area. We offer many opportunities to network with peers, make new contacts and enhance your knowledge in project management. We hold monthly Chapter dinners with guest speakers, as well as lessons learned and panel discussion breakfast meetings. We also provide a free weekly newsletter where additional opportunities are posted to help members stay involved, share solutions and ideas as well as earn PDUs (Professional Development Units).
As of Dec 2012, the cost to join our local chapter is $25.00.